Are you an Apple enthusiast who loves their AirPods but can’t quite figure out which model you own? With the popularity of AirPods soaring, it’s easy to get confused with the various generations and models available. In this comprehensive guide, we will help you determine exactly what AirPods you have by highlighting the key features and characteristics of each model.
Whether you’re a proud owner looking to know more about your device or someone considering a purchase, this article will provide you with the necessary information to identify your AirPods accurately. There are various noise-canceling earbuds available in the market with various sizes and features.
Identify Your AirPods Model Number
There are various ways to identify the model number of your AirPods. Let’s explore some of the most common methods:
From Your iPhone Settings: If your AirPods are connected to your iPhone, you can easily find the model number through the Settings app. Follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the Home screen.
- Locate and tap on the “Settings” app.
- Within the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “General.”
- Look for and select “About.”
- In the “About” section, scroll down and find “AirPods.”
- The model number will be displayed next to the connected AirPods.
On the Underside of Your AirPods: Another method to find the model number is to check the underside of your AirPods. You will find some small text etched onto the charging case. The model number is usually listed near the serial number and FCC logo.
List of AirPods and Their Model Numbers: Here is a list of AirPods models and their respective model numbers:
- Original AirPods (1st Generation): A1523, A1722
- AirPods (2nd Generation): A2032, A2031, A1602
- AirPods Pro: A2083, A2084, A2190
- AirPods Max: A2096
Use Your AirPods Serial Number
The serial number of your AirPods can also provide valuable information about the model. To find the serial number:
- Open the lid of your AirPods charging case.
- Look for a small text engraved on the inside of the case.
- The serial number is usually located near the hinge or on the underside of the lid.
- Once you have the serial number, you can search online or contact Apple Support to determine the specific model and generation of your AirPods.
Use Your AirPods Charging Case’s Model Number and Serial Number
Apart from the AirPods themselves, you can also utilize the model number and serial number of the charging case to identify your AirPods’ model, you can also use transparency mode whenever every you need. The steps to locate these numbers are similar to those mentioned earlier. The model number and serial number are usually found on the underside or inside of the charging case.
Look at the Design of Your AirPods Charging Case
While the design of the AirPods themselves can provide some hints about the model, it’s also worth examining the design of the charging case. Each generation of AirPods comes with a slightly different charging case design, which can help you identify the model. Pay attention to details such as the shape, size, LED indicator placement, and overall aesthetics of the case.
Identifying your AirPods model can be easily accomplished by examining the design, checking the model number, serial number, and analyzing the charging case. By using the methods described in this guide, you should be able to determine the exact model and generation of your AirPods accurately. Remember, knowing which AirPods you have will allow you to make the most of their features and compatibility with other devices. Enjoy your AirPods experience!