In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the process of changing the volume on your AirPods. Whether you’re a new AirPods user or someone who wants to brush up on their knowledge, this article will provide you with step-by-step instructions, tips, and tricks to effortlessly adjust the volume on your AirPods. So let’s dive right in and master the art of controlling the volume on your favorite wireless earbuds.
How to Make Your AirPods Louder or Quieter with Siri
Siri, Apple’s virtual assistant, offers a convenient way to adjust the volume on your AirPods using voice commands. By utilizing Siri’s capabilities, you can easily make your AirPods louder or quieter without having to manually interact with the physical controls. Let’s explore how you can turn up the volume on your AirPods using Siri. For the music lovers, there are various types of earbuds.
How to Turn Volume Up on AirPods Using Siri: iPhone Setup Steps
To use Siri for volume control on your AirPods, you need to ensure that Siri is enabled on your iPhone. Follow these steps to set up Siri and start changing the volume with voice commands:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Siri & Search.”
- Make sure the “Listen for ‘Hey Siri'” option is toggled on. If not, tap the switch to enable it.
- You can also customize Siri’s behavior by enabling “Allow Siri When Locked” or “Announce Messages with Siri” options, depending on your preferences.
- Once Siri is set up, simply say “Hey Siri” followed by the desired volume adjustment command, such as “Increase the volume” or “Turn up the volume on my AirPods.”
- Siri will recognize your command and adjust the volume on your AirPods accordingly.
Double-tap AirPods & AirPods 2 to Use Siri Volume Controls
If you own the original AirPods or AirPods 2, you can utilize the double-tap feature on the AirPods themselves to activate Siri and control the volume. Follow these steps to set up and use Siri volume controls via the double-tap feature:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Bluetooth” and make sure your AirPods are connected and paired with your iPhone.
- Go back to the main Settings screen and tap on “Bluetooth” again.
- Locate your AirPods in the list of available devices and tap the “i” icon next to them.
- On the next screen, you will see the “Double-Tap on AirPod” option.
- Choose either the left or right AirPod and select “Siri” as the double-tap action.
- Now, whenever you double-tap the designated AirPod, Siri will be activated, and you can give voice commands to adjust the volume.
AirPods 3, AirPods Pro & AirPods Pro 2 Volume Control with Siri
If you own the AirPods 3, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Pro 2, the process of using Siri for volume control is slightly different due to the addition of touch-sensitive areas on the stems of the AirPods. Here’s how you can change the volume on these models using Siri:
Ensure that your AirPods are connected to your iPhone or compatible Apple device.
Invoke Siri by saying “Hey Siri” or by double-tapping either of the AirPods.
Once Siri is activated, you can use voice commands like “Increase the volume” or “Decrease the volume” to adjust the volume level on your AirPods.
Siri will respond to your command and adjust the volume accordingly.
How to Adjust Volume on AirPods Pro & AirPods Volume Control without Siri
While Siri offers a convenient way to control the volume on your AirPods, there are alternative methods available for adjusting the volume without relying on voice commands. In this section, we will explore different approaches to adjust the volume on your AirPods Pro and AirPods without using Siri.
AirPods Settings on the iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch: How to Adjust Volume on AirPods
If you prefer not to use Siri, you can easily adjust the volume of your AirPods directly from the settings of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Follow these steps to change the volume using device settings:
- Ensure your AirPods are connected to your device via Bluetooth.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Scroll down and tap on “Bluetooth.”
- Locate your AirPods in the list of connected devices and tap the “i” icon next to them.
- On the AirPods settings screen, you will find a slider labeled “Volume Limit.”
- Drag the slider to the left to decrease the volume or to the right to increase it.
- Adjust the slider until you reach your desired volume level.
- The volume changes you make in the device settings will be reflected in the audio output of your AirPods.
Apple Watch AirPod Volume Controls: How to Increase Volume on AirPods (Any Model) or Decrease It
If you use your AirPods with an Apple Watch, you can also control the volume directly from your watch. Here’s how to adjust the volume on your AirPods using your Apple Watch:
- Ensure your AirPods are connected and paired with your Apple Watch.
- Play audio from your Apple Watch or control audio playback from your connected iPhone.
- Raise your wrist to activate the Apple Watch display or tap the screen to wake it up.
- Swipe up from the watch face to access the Control Center.
- Locate the volume control icon, which resembles a speaker.
- Tap the volume control icon to open the volume slider.
- Turn the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to adjust the volume. Scrolling up will increase the volume, while scrolling down will decrease it.
- Once you’ve set the desired volume level, audio playback on your AirPods will reflect the changes made from your Apple Watch.
How to Make AirPods Louder & How to Lower Volume on AirPods from a Mac (All Models)
If you use your AirPods with a Mac computer, you can adjust the volume directly from your Mac without relying on Siri. Follow these steps to change the volume on your AirPods using your Mac:
- Connect your AirPods to your Mac via Bluetooth.
- Click on the speaker icon located in the menu bar at the top-right corner of the screen.
- A volume slider will appear. Drag the slider to the right to increase the volume or to the left to decrease it.
- Alternatively, you can use the volume keys on your Mac’s keyboard to adjust the volume.
- Adjust the volume until you reach your preferred level of audio output.
- The volume changes made on your Mac will be applied to the audio output of your AirPods.
AirPods Pro 2 Only: Tap Controls without Siri: How to Turn Up Volume on AirPods Pro (Gen 2)
For AirPods Pro 2 users, the second generation of AirPods Pro introduces touch-sensitive controls on the stem of the earbuds. These controls provide a convenient way to adjust the volume without relying on Siri. Here’s how you can turn up the volume on your AirPods Pro (Gen 2) using the tap controls:
- Ensure your AirPods Pro 2 are connected and paired with your device.
- Locate the stem of either AirPod Pro and tap it twice to activate the touch controls.
- After the double-tap, you will hear a chime, indicating that the controls have been activated.
- To increase the volume, tap the stem of the AirPod Pro again with a quick double-tap.
- Each double-tap will gradually raise the volume to the desired level.
- Keep tapping the stem until you reach the desired volume.
- The volume changes will be applied to the audio output of your AirPods Pro (Gen 2) accordingly.
Note: The tap controls on AirPods Pro 2 also offer additional functionalities such as skipping tracks or pausing playback. To utilize these features, you can customize the controls in your device settings or through the AirPods settings menu on your connected device.
While Siri provides a convenient way to control the volume on your AirPods, alternative methods are available to adjust the volume without relying on voice commands. For AirPods Pro 2 users, the touch controls on the stem of the earbuds offer a quick and intuitive way to turn up the volume. Whether you prefer using Siri, device settings, Apple Watch, or tap controls, you can easily customize the volume on your AirPods to enhance your audio experience. Experiment with these methods and find the one that works best for you. Enjoy your AirPods and immerse yourself in your favorite music or podcasts with the perfect volume level.