Well, if you have ever tried to find a drill bits for hardened steel for yourself, you would know how much of a daunting task it can become. Fortunately, nowadays we have ample options available when it comes to drill bits for hardened steel. However, this ends up making it harder to choose.
So to make this slightly easier for you, I did my thorough research for each and every drill bits for hardened steel option in the market. And in this article I will share my insights with you. I was myself amazed at discovering a few things. Some of the features and specifications are so hidden that we rarely get to know about them. While some highlighted features might not be that great. So read on to know about all the ins and outs of the top drill bits for hardened steel.
Apart from product research, I also made efforts to see what experts have to say about the various drill bits for hardened steel available in the market. And that helped me further in making this list a solid one.
Note: You may find some top selling drill bits for hardened steel missing from this list, and that is intentional. Only the drill bits for hardened steel that are products have been included here.
The most useful drill bits for hardened steel in 2023
So here is the simple and easy list for you. These options have been refined after a lot of thinking and research. You can rely on these options and start looking these up. This will make your job much easier. I have already eliminated several options and handpicked only a few. Choose your perfect drill bits for hardened steel from this list for a wonderful experience.
- High-heat resistant bits – withstand high-temperature applications for extended periods of time
- Includes – 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 7/64″, 1/8″, 9/64″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 7/32″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 1/2″
- Thick web-helix design – provides additional stability in tough applications
- Standard bits
- Surface-hardened tip – penetrates tough abrasive materials
- Enhanced M42 alloy material – contains 8% Cobalt alloy that delivers 10x life vs
- Cobalt M42 drill bit – provides upgraded M42 Cobalt jobber-length bits designed for durability, high heat resistance and Hardened surface for stainless steel, cast iron, titanium, light-gauge metal and aluminum
- Includes: 1/16″ x 2, 5/64″ x 2, 3/32″ x 2, 7/64″ x 2, 1/8″ x 2, 9/64″ x 1, 5/32″ x 1, 11/64″ x 1, 3/16″ x 1, 13/64″ x 1, 7/32″ x 1, 15/64″ x 1, 1/4 x 1, 5/16″ x 1, 3/8″ x 1, 1/2″ x 1
- Drill Bit Set includes sizes from 1/16-inch to 1/2-inch in a plastic tough case.
- Tapered web provides greater durability to reduce breaking.
- Small Bulk Storage size fits inside the Small and Medium ToughCase plus (sold separately) – Ideal for organizing loose bits
- Clear lid of the Titanium Nitride Coated drill bit set allows you to easily see contents at glance
- DEWALT drill bit set has connectable accessory storage system to optimize storage space
- Patented bit-bar design of the drill bits set allows easy removal of bits and customizable placement
- Clip latch for secure closing
- Our jobber length, precision ground carbide drills are designed for high feed rates with good chip disposal
- Premium Bright Finish 2/Pack multi-purpose solid carbide drill bits provide better rigidity than high speed steel bits
- Spiral flutes are constructed with a higher flute angle to remove chips more easily.
- Our tungsten carbide (WC) bits has the advantage of cutting metal either “wet” or “dry” and they provide solutions for many businesses such as aerospace drilling jobs for aircraft mechanics, precision machining, hobby supply, etc.
- It is a very hard material being a 9 on the Mohs scale where diamond is a 10 and hard steel around 5
- smooth finish on the bits increases chip flow
- It is extremely heat resistant and used for high speed applications
- Unstable drilling can result in a broken bit
- Optimal Design for Metal Work 118° four facet point angle minimizes drill wander and assures accurately sized holes
- Tungsten carbide is a composite material, although it looks like a metal, it is a composite of Tungsten carbide powder mixed with cobalt as a binder metal, the resulting material is more like a ceramic than a metal
- It will chew down into most anything but the hardness makes them brittle with virtually no plasticity
- Recommended For Use On aircraft metals chrome titanium inconel stainless steel Alloys Steel Low-Medium-High Carbon Steel Aluminum Copper Glass Plastics Composite Materials Cast Iron — Our Carbide drills stay sharp many times longer than traditional steel bits making them ideal for the toughest of applications!
- Specs Flute Length: 1-3/8 inch, Overall Length: 2-1/2 inch, Drill Size: 5/32 inch // Tungsten Carbide Grade (ISO): K20 // Binder: %8 Cobalt // Hardness: 91.3 HRa // Uncoated
- These drills like a a rigid dri
- COBALT DRILL BITS ARE THE PERFECT DRILL BITS FOR METAL – As well as other hard materials such as Stainless Steel, Hardened Steel, Cast Iron, Bronze, Titanium, and More!
- 135° Split Point Design Makes it Easier to Drill Repeated Holes in Harder Materials.
- M35, Fully Ground, 135° Split Point – Our Drill Bits Contain 5% Cobalt, Are Fully Grounded for a Precision Drilling Diameter
- SET OF 13 COBALT DRILL BITS – In the following imperial sizes 1/4″, 15/64″, 7/32″, 13/64″, 3/16″, 11/64″, 5/32″, 9/64″, 1/8″, 7/64″, 3/32″, 5/64″, 1/16″
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE – Here at Owl Tools (USA Based Company) we only care about your satisfaction
- PLASTIC STORAGE CASE INCLUDED – Incredibly Tough and Durable Plastic Case
- We try our best to ensure each product is in perfect condition before you get it, but if something is not up to your satisfaction, please contact us for a full refund or replacement.
- Perfect for Keeping Your Cobalt Drill Bits Neatly Organized and Safe.
- High QualityM35 Cobalt steel precision ground drill bits for extra durability and long lifetime
- Efficient DesignStubby drill bits measure from 1.84 to 2.32-inch only, allowing access to hard-to-reach and tight spaces
- Integrated Hex ShankAll drill bits come with one piece 1/4-inch hex shank compatible with standard and quick change chucks and drivers
- Popular SizesIncludes imperial sizes: 3/32″, 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″ and 5/16″
- Multi-Purpose UseSuitable for drilling stainless steel and various hardened metals such as cast iron, titanium, bronze, aluminium, etc.
- 135° split point two-blades special design drill tip (1/8-inch and larger) for perfect self-centering and fast drilling
- Packed in storage rail lasered with sizes for easy identification
- This 29 PCS M35 Cobalt Drill Bit Sets meets all your needs
- Whether you’re a professional woodworker, handyman, or builder, or you’re just taking on the occasional housing project as a relaxing hobby, this barrel-packed metal drill bit set has everything you need
- Cobalt 5% HSS: High-Speed Steel M35(Cobalt 5%)cobalt drill bit set can effectively drill tough and high tensile materials
- Drill Bit Set：Includes 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 7/64″, 1/8″, 9/64″, 5/32″, 11/64″, 3/16″, 13/64″, 7/32″, 15/64″, 1/4″, 17/64″, 9/32″, 19/64″, 5/16″, 21/64″, 11/32″, 23/64″, 3/8″, 25/64″, 13/32″, 27/64″, 7/16″, 29/64″, 15/32″, 31/64″, 1/2″
- Packaging: The jobber drill bit set includes a portable bucket that can be hung anywhere or on your waist for easy operation
- Double back Angle process and full grinding process is adopted fully ground process twist design helps clear particles faster, decreases friction and heat for a cooler drilling performance
- After-sales Service: BeHappy is a specialized tool product, buyers satisfaction is our most sought goal
- The metal drill bit is especially suitable for cutting hard metals, such as stainless steel, cast iron, superalloys, titanium alloys, rigid plastics, and wood, It can also be used in soft materials
- Characteristics: The twist drill bit is 135°split point with a round straight shank, self-centering prevents walking, and makes drilling precise and faster
- If you have any doubts about our products, you can contact us, we are happy to help you solve the problem
- Using HSS drills at low rpm with cooling fluid or lubricant can provide a large quantity of successful holes in metal
- TThere have chunks of carbide on the end, and carbide will make easy work of even the hardest steel, and allow you to use high rpms
- The mistake that a lot of people make is using high speed steel twist drills at high speeds
- As soon as the heat starts to build up on the tip, the drill bit can lose the hardness that make it a cutting tool
- Twist drills are the category of cutting tool you are looking for.
- Material: YG Cemented Carbide + Chrome Vanadium Steel
- (In the process of opening holes to continue to add water for cooling.)
- If you search for “machining speeds and feeds” you will find a lot of information about the correct speeds to run cutting tools against different types of metal
- High toughness, abrasion resistance, high-speed cutting for the high hardness.
- Ideal for drilling in tough metal, including heavy-duty abrasive alloy metal drilling on hardened steel.
- Size: 3mm 4mm 5mm 6mm 7mm 8mm 9mm 10mm 11mm 12mm 13.5mm 14mm 15mm.
- [Quick and Efficient] The cobalt drill bit set can be used effectively on most soft and hard objects, with a 135 degree point tip and twist design for faster cutting, self-centering to prevent walk-off and faster chip and particle removal.
- [HSS Drill Bit Set] HSS cobalt drill bit set for hardened steel with excellent cutting performance
- [M35 Cobalt Drill Bit] The M35 cobalt drill bit is a durable, sharp and robust drill bit suitable for cutting stainless steel, iron castings, copper, aluminum and other soft metals as well as plastics, wood etc.
- 115 sets of drill bits for long term use
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you.
- [Various Sizes] 115 sets of drill bits include 29pcs Fractional Size:1/16” to 1/2” in 1/64th increments; 26pcs Letter Size: A To Z; 60pcs Numbered Size: #1 To #60.
- The inserts are hardened and polished for improved sharpness and precise cutting without wobbling.
- [Easy Storage] The drill set includes drill holders with size indexes and is packaged in a small, strong package for easy storage and sorting
- High Quality Material：Made from M35 high speed steel with cobalt for added durability, the Yougfin jobber twist bits are friction and heat resistant
- Application & Tip：Yougfin Jobber Drill Bit are ideal for sheet metal working and are suitable for cutting non-ferrous metals, plastic, wood board, etc
- The larger the point angle, the higher the contact pressure and the centering in the material requires more pressure
- Assortment comes with a combined 21 sizes added：1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 7/64″, 1/8″, 9/64″, 5/32″, 11/64″, 3/16″, 13/64″, 7/32″, 15/64″, 1/4″, 17/64″, 9/32″, 19/64″, 5/16″, 21/64″, 11/32″, 23/64″, 3/8″
- Product Feature: Twist drills are indicated in sizes
- If you have any questions about Yougfin products, please feel free to contact us
- The point starts drilling at contact, reducing friction, pressure, and heat
- Dual Flutes:Drill bits are rotary cutting tools that have two cutting edges and two flutes which are grooves formed in the body to provide cutting lips, to permit the removal of chips and to allow coolant or cutting fluid to reach the cutting action
- ***Tip***：Please keep the bit perpendicular to the material during operation to prevent it from breakage
- 135° Split Point：These bits have a small point angle of 135° and require less pressure when centering in the material
- 4X LIFESPAN MATERIAL – Made from industrial grade M35 high-speed steel with 5% cobalt provides hardness for wear resistance, withstands max 1100 degreeF.
- 29PCS DRILL BIT SET – Metal index case with size chart for easy bit access and identification
- MULTIPLE APPLICATION – Ideal for drilling in heavy-duty tough metal, including hard abrasive alloy metal, hardened stainless steel or cast iron.
- Includes drill bit sizes 1/16-inch to 1/2-inch in 1/64-inch increments.
- UNIQUE 3X FLUTE DESIGN – Lichamp three flute patent design drill bit clears chips and particles faster, provide you with more efficient drilling experience.
- SMOOTHLY DRILLING – 135-degree split point tip & twist design increases cutting speed with self-centering and prevents skating starts or walking.
The most valuable buying guide
It might not be that easy to choose just one drill bits for hardened steel even after having all the options served on a platter to us. So here are some additional tips and hacks that you should follow to make the best decision for yourself. Read these tips carefully to become a smart shopper. You can follow this guide as your general shopping guide but it will be especially helpful for drill bits for hardened steel.
1. Deals and discounts
All drill bits for hardened steel would have some or the other deal or discount during a particular season or part of the year. So you should look out for them to get your drill bits for hardened steel at a lower rate than usual. You can checkout several online and offline stores to see if there are any deals offered currently. If not, then you can wait for some more time and keep an eye on the drill bits for hardened steel that you love.
Not all the drill bits for hardened steel options in the market offer the kind of durability that most users would expect. So be careful when it comes to durability. You might feel that you like a drill bits for hardened steel and it might even be in your budget, but if you ignore the factor of durability, you might have to spend on another drill bits for hardened steel in no time.
3. After-sales service
This is very important for customers who want helpful service even after the purchase. Usually you might not face many problems with a drill bits for hardened steel, however, you must ensure that in case something happens, the company should offer robust customer support. This will save you a lot of time and mental energy.
Everything boils down to the price. When comparing the drill bits for hardened steel, it is a good idea to set the price as a filter. This can help you eliminate the options that are over your budget. Also, it can help you understand how much you are paying for a drill bits for hardened steel, and this way you can see if you are getting enough worth out of it.
Instead of telling you to go for this drill bits for hardened steel or that drill bits for hardened steel, I want to help you figure out the one suitable for you. So in this article I have summarized the drill bits for hardened steel options available in the market, their features, and have attached a shopping guide as well. I really want all the readers to get in-depth knowledge about drill bits for hardened steel so that you can yourself figure out which one is best for you.
For further assistance, you can log on to online forums and checkout reviews by other users. though I have already taken them into consideration. It will still give you additional confidence that you might be looking for.
I hope you get a nice drill bits for hardened steel for yourself which satisfies all your needs.