Some of the fastest and best internet providers in Lubbock, Texas, are AT&T, Optimum by Altice, Earthlink, Viasat, etc. However, they are not the only ISPs available in the city. The city has over 15 network providers offering various business, residential and mobile internet plans tailored to your basic to advanced data requirements.
But how to decide which ISP and connection type is best for you? Well, it depends on your region, budget, and data needs. For basic usage, 100-300 Mbps cable internet is suitable. However, for high-speed data requirements 500-1Gbps fiber plan is better. To help you, this guide has all the details of top ISPs in the areas with various data plans and service types available for different requirements. Check which one is best suited for you.
Best Internet Providers in Lubbock, TX
So, these are the best internet service providers in Lubbock based on their connection types and maximum download speeds:
|ISP Name||Max Download Speeds||Internet Type|
|AT&T||5000 Mbps||DSL & Fiber|
|Resound Networks||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless|
|Kinetic by Windstream||1000 Mbps||DSL & Fiber|
|Hughes Net||25 Mbps||Satellite|
|Optimum (SuddenLink)||1000 Mbps||Cable|
|Rise Broadband||50 Mbps||Fixed Wireless|
|ERF Wireless||1 Mbps||Fixed Wireless|
|Telespan||45 Mbps||Fixed Wireless|
|T-Mobile Home Internet||182 Mbps||Fixed Wireless|
|South Plains Telephone Cooperative||15 Mbps||DSL|
High-Speed Internet Providers in Lubbock, Texas
Here are some Cable, Fiber & Satellite internet providers offering great speed and reliable uptime through their various data plans in Lubbock, Texas:
- Earthlink – Offer multiple service types
- AT&T – Highly Reliable & Offers Great value
- Optimum – Widely Available (99%) and Fast
- Vexus – No Data Caps and Overage Fees
- Windstream – Offer Best DSL & Fiber services
- Viasat – Widely available in Rural Areas
Fiber Internet Provider in Lubbock, TX
After Cable and DSL, Fiber internet is the most available and preferred internet type in this city, adopted by almost 73% of households. Here are some best Fiber internet providers available in Lubbock, Texas:
With a 76% availability rate in Lubbock, AT&T is the leading DSL & Fiber internet provider in Texas and other states of the US. The provider offers high-speed fiber internet plans with symmetric upload and download speeds up to 5Gbps and unlimited data. Some other perks you can get with AT&T internet plans are zero equipment cost, no annual contracts and no price increase after 12 months. Also, with all the plans, AT&T features ActiveArmor Internet Security to prevent cyber threats and virus attacks.
The three most popular plans of AT&T fiber internet in Lubbock, Texas, are:
- Internet 300: Designed to connect ten or more home/office devices for simultaneous streaming, web browsing and multitasking, the plan offers speeds up to 300Mbps for $55 per month.
- Internet 500: The plan costs $65 per month (excl. taxes & equipment fees) for speeds up to 500Mbps. The plan is suitable for large bandwidth activities on multiple devices simultaneously, like video streaming, gaming, etc.
- Internet 1000: The popular 1 Gig plan offers speeds up to 1Gbps for $80 per month to offer pro-level performance for streamers, gamers and working professionals.
The Gig plans offer high speed even at peak times with 99% reliable uptime. However, not all plans are available for all regions of Lubbock (5Gig is rarely available), so you can pick the right one based on the availability in your region and needs.
Earthlink is another popular high-speed Fiber-Internet provider in Lubbock, serving over 26 zip codes with an average availability rate of 76%. The ISP is known for providing reliable and fast-speed connections with no data caps. The highest download speed offered by the provider is 5Gbps for the fastest streaming and multiplayer gaming.
Starting at $54.95/month, here are three commonly available fiber-internet plans of Earthlink designed for different needs:
- 100 Mbps: Starting at $54.95 per month, it is the best value plan designed to connect four or more devices for normal streaming, web browsing, video calls and other work requirements.
- 300 Mbps: It is the most popular fiber plan of Earthlink, designed for better speed and performance for eight or more devices at a monthly cost of $79.95.
- 5 Gigs: The plan starts at $189.95 per month to offer speeds up to 5Gbps for professional multiplayer gaming and HD streaming simultaneously.
The ISP also has 1 Gig and 2Gig plans starting at $89.95 and $129.95 per month, respectively, but only in certain regions. Some other benefits of Earthlink Fiber plans are no price increase after 12 months, no data throttling during peak hours, and free anti-virus and spam protection.
Vexus is another renowned fiber internet provider in Lubbock, Texas, offering both residential and business plans with a 50% coverage rate. Apart from the Fiber internet, the ISP also provides affordable Fiber TV and phone service packages in Lubbock. Not only in Lubbock, but the provider also offers its DSL and Fiber internet services in Abilene – the other popular city in Texas.
Under its 100% Fiber advantage policy, Vexus offers symmetrical upload and download speed with no data caps or usage restrictions. Even in peak hours, its fiber internet offers the same speed without any lag or throttling.
The three popular Fiber plans offered by the company are:
- Vexus 150: Starting at $39.99 per month, the plan offers a symmetrical upload and download speed of up to 150Mbps. The plan offers unlimited data and is suitable for households with four or more devices for streaming, web browsing, emailing and casual gaming.
- Vexus 400: The plan cost starts at $40 per month to offer up to 400 Mbps upload and download speed with no data cap. It is a good choice for 8 or more devices for video calling, downloading large files, and streaming.
- Vexus 1 GIG: The plan costs $69.99 per month to offer fast upload and download speeds of up to 1Gbps. The plan is a popular choice for home and office usage for ten or more devices to enjoy multiplayer gaming, HD streaming and multitasking simultaneously.
Under its Service Protection Plan, the ISP covers everyday damages and wire tearing at a repair cost of as low as 25¢ per day. Vexus also offers a monthly subsidy of $30 for eligible users under its Affordable Connectivity Program in association with FCC.
Windstream is a cheap Fiber internet provider in Lubbock, Texas, with an average availability rate of 60%. The ISP is known to offer Kinetic Gig internet along with Dish TV and Voice services to over 350 communities in the 18 states of the US. Its fiber internet plans start at $39.99 monthly with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The best thing about Windstream is that it has no early termination fees or annual contracts.
All plans come with no data caps. The company is offering a $100 Visa Prepaid card for new customers under its limited-time offer. Here are some of its popular fiber plans you can choose from if available in your region:
- Kinetic Fiber: Starting at $39.99 per month, the plan offers speeds up to 500Mbps and is suitable for 8 or more devices for video conferencing, online gaming, and streaming purposes.
- Kinetic Fiber Gig: The plan costs $69.99 monthly for speeds up to 1Gbps and is a good choice to connect multiple devices for high-resolution streaming, multiplayer gaming, and seamless video calls.
Cable Internet Provider in Lubbock, TX
Households that cannot access Fiber Internet in Lubbock, Texas, prefer cable connections offering the same speed. While the cable internet is the most preferred and reliable internet type in Lubbock, there is only one leading cable provider, i.e.:
Optimum (formerly Suddenlink Communications) provides cable internet in almost all the regions of Lubbock, Texas and nearby areas with a 94% coverage rate. The ISP is known for providing high-speed gigabit connections for households falling outside the At&T’s fiber coverage in Lubbock.
The cable internet offered by Optimum is significantly faster than DSL or Satellite, offering speeds up to 1Gbps. The internet plans by Optimum are budget-friendly, starting as low as $40 per month, lower than the average internet rate of $49.99 in Lubbock, Texas.
However, cable internet plans are relatively costly but offer reliable speed in densely populated areas. Here are some of its popular cable plans you can choose from depending on availability:
- Optimum 100: The plan price starts at $105 monthly for speeds up to 100Mbps for basic web browsing, video conferencing and work-from-home purposes on four or more devices.
- Optimum 300: The plan starts at a $115 monthly cost to provide speeds up to 300 Mbps for online gaming, multitasking and high-resolution conference calls on 6 or more devices.
- Optimum 500: The plan offers speeds up to 500Mbps at a monthly cost starting at $135. It is suitable for large bandwidth activities and multitasking on eight or more devices.
- Optimum 1 Gig: The plan is a suitable choice for small offices or homes with multiple devices to offer speeds up to 940 Mbps at a starting monthly cost of $140.
Satellite Internet Provider in Lubbock, TX
Satellite internet is slower and costlier than Fiber, Cable or DSL connection. However, it is the most preferred method in rural or remote areas where internet connectivity is poor. The two leading Satellite internet providers in Lubbock are:
Viasat is widely available in Lubbock, Texas, with a 100% coverage rate and a variety of satellite internet plans. The ISP is a leading satellite network provider in the US, serving over 50 states with a 93% coverage rate. Viasat offers speeds up to 100Mbps.
The plans range from $49.99 to $149.99 per month, depending on your region’s availability and speed requirements. Here are some of its popular Satellite internet plans in Lubbock that you can choose from depending on availability:
- Choice 25 Mbps/40GB: Starts at $49.99 per month with a data cap of up to 40GB monthly.
- Choice 30 Mbps/60GB: The plan costs $69.99 per month for speeds up to 30 Mbps and a monthly data cap of 60GB.
- Choice 40 Mbps/100GB: The plan offers a more data limit of 100GB monthly at $99.99 for speeds up to 40Mbps.
- Choice 50 Mbps/150GB: Those who want more speed and monthly data up to 150 GB can go for this plan, costing $149.99 monthly.
- Choice 50 Mbps/300GB: For more large bandwidth requirements on multiple devices like streaming, web browsing, video calls, casual gaming, etc., this plan is an ideal choice at $199.99 per month.
Apart from the monthly data cap, each plan comes with unlimited standard data that users can utilize once their usage goes beyond their monthly data. During peak hours or network congestion as well, the company prioritizes standard data over high-speed monthly data. The 100Mbps plan is not widely available for all regions of Lubbock, Texas, so you can ask the provider if it is available for your region for high-speed requirements.
2. Hughes Net
HughesNet is known as the Top satellite internet provider in the US, serving over 53 states, with a 100% coverage rate in Lubbock, Texas. Unlike Viasat, the ISP has no hard data limits, so users won’t get charged for going over their data; however, each plan offers the same download speed of up to 25Mbps and upload speed of up to 3Mbps.
In Lubbock, the ISP offers Gen5 internet with double data, starting at $64.99 per month. The plans come with built-in WiFi and free standard installation for leased equipment. Users can otherwise pay a one-time upfront cost of $349.98 for equipment and standard installation.
Cheap Internet Provider in Lubbock, TX
The average internet cost for up to 1000Mbps speed in Lubbock, Texas, is $49.99, costing $0.049 per Mbps. Here are some budget-friendly internet providers offering similar best internet value packs:
- Rise Broadband: A fixed wireless internet provider with plans starting at as low as $25 per month for speeds up to 25Mbps, costing $1 per Mbps for Rural and remote areas. Users can get up to 50Mbps speed by paying $10 extra per month, costing $0.7 per Mbps.
- Optimum Fiber Internet: The fiber internet plans start at $40 per month for 300 Mbps, costing $0.133 per Mbps. The 1 gig plan costs $70 per month, costing $0.07 per Mbps.
- Vexus: The fiber plans start at $39.99 for 400Mbps, costing $0.09 per Mbps. Its Gig plan costs $69.99 per month for 1Gbps, costing $0.069 per Mbps.
- AT&T Fiber Internet: Its 300 Mbps plan starts at $55 per month, costing $0.18 per Mbps, while the 1Gbps starts at $80 per month, costing $0.08 per Mbps.
- T-Mobile Internet: The home internet plan of T-mobile costs $25 per month for speeds up to 182 Mbps, costing $0.13 per Mbps.
- Windstream: It also offers cheap fiber internet plans, starting at $40 for 500Mbps, costing $0.08 per Mbps and $69.99 for 1000 Mbps plan, costing $0.069 per Mbps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vexus, Optimum, Windstream, and AT&T are some cheapest internet providers in Lubbock, offering a 1Gbps plan for $70-$80 per month, costing around $0.07-$0.08 per Mbps.
Earthlink provides the fastest fiber internet in Lubbock, Texas, with symmetrical upload and download speeds of up to 5Gbps. Other providers like AT&T, Optimum, and Vexus also offer fast internet speeds of up to 1Gbps.
The average internet per month cost in Lubbock, Texas is $49.99 for speeds ranging between 100-1000 Mbps, depending upon the internet type, connectivity and availability in the region.
HughesNet and Viasat are Lubbock’s best satellite internet providers, with a 100% coverage rate. In terms of affordable and better speed plans, Viasat is the leading provider, with a 25Mbps plan starting at $49.99 per month.
Some crucial aspects to consider while looking for an internet provider in your region are the plan cost, speed, availability in your region, contract terms, data caps and installation fees. It is ideal to go for the one that offers better support services with no annual contracts and data caps.
It depends upon your daily activities, work requirements and the number of devices you wish to connect. Ideally, as per FCC, 25Mbps download speed and 3 Mbps upload speed are essential for seamless streaming, web browsing and casual gaming on a single device.
The choice of the right internet service provider in Lubbock, TX, depends upon several factors like your needs, budget, internet type and availability in your region. If your region has good internet connectivity, go for Fiber or cable internet for high-speed requirements. However, choose Fixed wireless or Satellite internet for rural or remote areas with poor internet connectivity.