Searching for the reliable internet providers in Conroe, Texas, but don’t know which one to choose? Conroe has good internet connectivity with various connection types available, from Cable to Fiber, DSL, Satellite, Fixed Wireless, etc. The choice of the right ISP depends upon your data requirements and which type of service is available for your region.
While Fiber is a good option for high-speed connections, Cable internet has more availability in central parts. However, for remote areas, Satellite or Fixed wireless works better. Thus, to help you out, here I have listed the best internet providers in Conroe, with their plans, speeds, internet types and service terms to help you pick the right one. Let’s see which one is best for you.
Best Internet Providers in Conroe
Here are the quick details of the best ISP in Conroe, Texas based on the maximum download speed and internet type.
|ISP Name||Max Download Speeds||Internet Type|
|Rise Broadband||25 Mbps||Fixed Wireless|
|Hughes Net||25 Mbps||Satellite|
|Easy Internet Now||5000 Mbps||Fiber|
|Consolidated Communications||2000 Mbps||Fiber & DSL|
|T-Mobile||182 Mbps||Home Internet (5G)|
Best Internet Providers in Conroe, Texas
While there are several ISPs available in Conroe, Texas, here are the top 10 internet providers that offer wide coverage, fast speed and better plans:
- Rise Broadband
- Consolidated Communications
Fiber Internet Provider in Conroe, TX
Fiber internet is not widely available (around 36% availability rate) in Conroe, Texas, yet a popular option. Here are the best Fiber-optic network providers in Conroe you can try:
AT&T is the topmost Fiber internet provider in Conroe, Texas, known for its fast and reliable connection download speeds of up to 5Gbps with 10.4% availability. The ISP also covers full cancellation fees in case of switching with zero equipment fees and no annual contracts. All its plans offer equal upload and download speed with no price increase at 12 months.
If it is available in your region, these are the three popular plans you can choose from depending on your needs:
- Internet 300: Starting at $55/month, the plan is suitable for basic web browsing and work requirements on 8-10 devices. The plan offers an equal upload and download speed of 300Mbps.
- Internet 500: For more bandwidth and data usage on multiple devices, this plan is suitable with an equal upload and download speed of 500Mbps. The plan cost starts at $65/month.
- Internet 1 Gig: For ultra-fast performance and high-data usage activities like online streaming, multiplayer gaming, etc., this plan is suitable. With 1Gbps of upload and download speed, the plan cost starts at $80/month.
The ISP is also known for its fastest 5 Gig plan, which is unbeatable compared to other providers’ similar plans. However, it is available in limited areas. AT&T Gig plans have 99% reliable uptime and don’t slow down even at peak times.
Frontier is another popular fiber internet provider in Conroe, TX; however, the availability rate is still low – around 15%. The ISP offers a high-speed, reliable connection with a download speed of up to 2Gbps. With every plan, ISP offers a free Amazon Eero WiFi router. All the plans come with no data caps and free installation. Three popular plans offered by ISP are:
- Fiber 500: Starting at $49.99/month, the plan offers a download speed of up to 500Mbps. It is suitable for multiple home devices for streaming and large data file sharing.
- Fiber 1 Gig: For large data requirements on multiple home or office devices, the 1 Gig plan is more suitable. Starting from $74.99/month, the plan offers an equal upload and download speed of 1Gbps.
- Fiber 2 Gig: This plan is ideal for you if you have a large home or office space with 15 or more devices to connect for simultaneous multitasking. Starting at $149.99/month, the plan offers symmetrical 2Gbps upload and download speed with other perks like unlimited digital voice calls with advanced VOIP technology.
Along with that, the ISP also offers the customization option to choose whether you want to add a home phone or dish TV package with your data plan. For its Gig plan, Frontier offers a Price Guarantee for up to 3 years.
Earthlink is known as the second-largest residential DSL provider and third-largest Fiber network provider in the US. In Conroe, Tx, the ISP has around 20% availability rate with various customizable plans tailored to customers’ needs and regions.
Apart from the Fiber internet, the provider also offers wireless home and satellite internet for various regions. The plans come with no data caps but an additional modem cost (around $12.95 per month). From 100Mbps to speed up to 5Gbps, some of the popular plans of Earthlink are:
- Fiber 100: Starting at $59.95/month, the plan is suitable for normal streaming requirements on 4 or more devices, with a download speed of up to 100Mbps.
- Fiber 500: To connect more devices or for more bandwidth, this plan offers a download speed of up to 500Mbps at $79.95 per month.
- Fiber 1 Gig: With an equal upload and download speed of 1Gbps, the plan is designed for multiple (10 or more) devices for large data activities. The plan costs $89.95 per month.
- Fiber 2 Gig: Designed for unlimited devices, the plan is suitable for multiplayer gaming and streaming purposes. With equal upload and download speed of 2Gbps, the plan costs $129.95 per month.
- Fiber 5 Gig: For the fastest streaming, the 5 Gig plan provides download and upload speeds of up to 5Gbps at a monthly cost of $189.95. However, the plan is available to certain regions only.
4. Easy Internet Now
Easy Internet Now is a widely available Fiber network provider in Conroe, Texas, with over 90% availability rate. While the prices of the plans are relatively higher than other service providers, the ISP is known for its reliable and fast connection speed with extensive coverage in various cities of Texas, like Midland. The company offers speeds up to 5Gbps for professionals and gamers, but not all plans are available for all regions.
So, depending upon your needs and availability, you can choose the suitable one from the following plans:
- Unlimited 300: Starting at $79 per month, the plan offers an equal upload and download speed of up to 300Mbps with no data caps.
- Unlimited 1000: For large data requirements on multiple devices in the home or offices, the 1 Gig plan is suitable with an equal upload and download speed of up to 1 Gbps. The plan costs $98 per month, including all taxes and fees.
- Unlimited 2000: The plan offers upload and download speeds of up to 2Gbps to connect unlimited devices for large media downloading, HD streaming, multiplayer gaming, etc., with no data caps. The plan costs $149 per month, including all fees and taxes.
- Unlimited 5000: The fastest speed plan is designed for unlimited devices with large bandwidth requirements. The plan costs $275 per month and offers equal upload and download speeds of up to 5Gbps.
All these plans include a free WiFi modem with a one-time professional installation charge of $50.
5. Consolidated Communications
With a wide availability rate of 82% in Conroe and other nearby areas of Texas, Consolidated Communications provides various internet services like Fiber, DSL, Cable and Fixed Wireless connections in over 21 states of the US. It is the third-most available internet provider in Conroe.
The company provides Fiber internet services to residences in Texas, California and some other states of the US through its Fidium Fiber Internet. There are four popular Fiber plans designed to cater to different needs you can choose from:
- Essential: Starting at $35 per month, the plan offers a symmetrical upload and download speed of 50Mbps. It is suitable for two or more devices with basic web browsing, streaming and work requirements.
- Advanced: Designed for work-from-home and online learning, the plan offers equal upload and download speeds of up to 250Mbps, costing $60 per month.
- Supreme: The plan is designed for large data requirements and streaming purposes with upload and download speeds of up to 1Gbps for $70 per month.
- Futuristic: The plan is suitable for connecting unlimited devices for simultaneous multitasking and gaming purposes. Starting at $165 per month, it offers upload and download speeds of up to 2Gbps.
All the plans feature one year of Price lock, No contracts and free installation.
Cable Internet Provider in Conroe, TX
Cable Internet is the most available choice in Conroe, Texas, with a 98% coverage rate. It is a more suitable and reliable option for streamers and gamers working on a PC. The best cable internet providers in Conroe are:
Xfinity is the second-largest cable internet provider in Conroe after Optimum, with an average availability rate of 31%. It offers faster and better speed than DSL and satellite internet, but people living in densely populated areas of Conroe, TX, may experience slow speed during peak hours. The ISP is known for offering a variety of residential internet plans for different needs with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The plans are relatively cheaper than other service providers and offer no data caps. Here are its three popular plans you can choose from per your needs and availability:
- Fast: Starting at $55 per month, the plan offers 1.2TB of data per month with download speeds up to 400Mbps. The plan is limited to three devices only, with an option to include one more device at an additional cost of $5/month. The plan features free WiFi equipment for two years.
- SuperFast: Starting at $65/month, the plan offers the same monthly data but with more download speeds of up to 800 Mbps. It is also restricted to up to three devices and offers free WiFi equipment for two years.
- Gigabit Extra: The plan offers better and higher download speeds of up to 1.2Gbps with 1.2TB monthly data for gamers and professionals. The plan cost starts at $80 per month for 2 years with no term agreement.
The provider offers a $30 monthly credit as a subsidy to eligible users under its Affordable Connectivity Program. The benefits are applicable for Xfinity Internet and Mobile services.
Spectrum is the second largest Cable internet provider in the US, serving around 44 states, with a 17% availability rate in Conroe, Texas. The ISP is also popular for its cable internet plans with wide coverage in other cities of Texas, like Austin. Even without fiber-optic cables, Spectrum offers high-speed internet (up to 1 Gbps) using copper coax cables. Some of the best aspects of this ISP are no data caps, no contracts and economic plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The company features multiple customized bundles with exciting offers to cater to various needs. But the three most popular plans offered by the company are:
- Internet: The plan offers download speeds of up to 300Mbps at a monthly cost of $49.99 for 12 months when bundled. It also offers an unlimited mobile line with advanced WiFi for home or office usage.
- Internet Ultra: The plan costs $69.99 per month for speeds up to 500Mbps and is suitable to connect 8-10 devices for seamless streaming and multitasking.
- Internet Gig: The plan is designed to offer high-speed internet of up to 1Gbps (as fast as fiber internet) to connect unlimited devices for streaming, multiplayer gaming, video calls, etc., simultaneously. The plan costs $89.99 monthly with advanced WiFi and unlimited mobile line.
Spectrum allows users to bundle all these plans with its various TV and phone packages to get exciting deals for 12 months or so.
Optimum is the top cable internet provider in Conroe, Texas, with an over 84% coverage rate. The ISP is the fourth largest internet provider (Fiber & Cable internet) in the US, serving around 17 states. In Conroe, TX, Optimum Cable internet plans are widely available over its fiber internet. Some of the best aspects of Optimum internet are no hidden charges, no annual contracts, Free WiFi equipment and 99% reliable uptime.
The company offers four popular and budget-friendly cable internet plans for various needs:
- Optimum 100: Starting at $30 per month, the plan is designed for basic web browsing and streaming needs on 4 or more devices with speeds up to 100 Mbps.
- Optimum 300: The plan costs $40 monthly for speeds up to 300Mbps to connect more devices (7-8) for home and office work.
- Optimum 500: The plan provides speed up to 500Mbps at a monthly cost of $60 and is suitable for high-bandwidth activities like multiplayer gaming, streaming, multitasking, etc., on 8 or more devices.
- Optimum 1 Gig: The plan is designed to offer high-speed internet like Fiber connection with download speeds up to 940Mbps. The monthly cost starts at $60 (with limited availability to several regions only).
The provider also offers a subsidy of $30 per month for eligible users under its Affordable Connectivity Program. The benefits are applicable for both Cable and Fiber internet plans, depending upon the availability in your region.
Satellite Internet Provider in Conroe, TX
Satellite Internet is the preferred connection type in rural or remote areas of Conroe, Texas. While the Satellite connection offers less speed than Fiber and Cable, it is more easily available in remote areas where connectivity is low. There are primarily two Satellite internet providers you can choose from:
Hughes has a 100% availability rate in Conroe, Texas but the provider only provides speeds up to 25 Mbps. It has various service plans available to cater to different needs, but all come with the same up to 25Mbps upload and 3 Mbps download speed (which is faster than the DSL connections in rural areas).
The price starts from $64.99 per month and varies per your needs and availability.
The plans are suitable for basic web browsing, emailing, playing music, etc. The best thing is that all plans come with unlimited data caps and military-level security to prevent virus attacks.
Those who want more speed and variety in plans can go for Viasat – another popular Satellite internet provider in Conroe, TX, with a 100% coverage rate. It is known as one of the biggest satellite network providers in the US and states like Texas. The maximum speed offered by Viasat is up to 100Mbps, with plans ranging from $49.99 to $149.99 monthly. All the plans come with the same upload speed of 3 Mbps and unlimited data.
Here are some of its popular plans you can choose from per your needs:
- Choice 25: The plan offers 40GB monthly data for download speeds of up to 25 Mbps. Suitable for two devices for normal browsing and occasional streaming, the plan costs $49.99 per month.
- Choice 30: The plan offers more data bandwidth of 60GB with a maximum download speed of 30 Mbps. Starting at $69.99 per month, the plan is suitable for 2-3 devices.
- Choice 40: With 40 Mbps of download speed, the plan offers monthly data of 100GB at $99.99 per month. The plan is suitable for activities that require more speed and data, like video calls, streaming, etc.
- Choice 50: With 50Mbps download speed, the company offers two internet plans, i.e. 150GB and 300GB. The 150GB monthly data plan costs $149.99 per month, while the 300GB data plan charges $199.99 monthly. Depending on your needs, you can choose the suitable one.
Cheap Internet Provider in Conroe, TX
The average per Mbps cost of lowest priced internet plans in Conroe, Texas, is $0.49. Some of Conroe’s cheaper internet providers offer similar or lower per Mbps costs for their starting plans:
- Spectrum: Starts at $49.99 for a 300 Mbps plan, costing $0.16 per Mbps.
- Xfinity: Starts at $55 for a 400 Mbps plan, costing $0.13 per Mbps.
- Optimum: Starts at $30 for a 100 Mbps plan, costing $0.3 per Mbps.
- Consolidated Communications: Starts at $35 for a 50 Mbps plan, costing $0.7 per Mbps.
- Frontier: Starts at $49.99 for a 500 Mbps plan, costing $0.09 per Mbps.
- Viasat: Starts at $49.99 for a 25 Mbps plan (satellite), costing $1.99 per Mbps.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cheapest internet provider in Conroe, TX, is Frontier, costing $0.09 per Mbps for a 400 Mbps plan. Some other budget-friendly internet providers in Conroe are Optimum, Xfinity, and Spectrum.
Earthlink and Easy Internet Now both offer the fastest speed fiber internet connections in Conroe, TX, of 5Gbps. AT&T is also known for its fast-speed fiber connections but offers speeds up to 1Gbps in Conroe.
The best home internet providers in Conroe, Texas, are AT&T, Optimum, Spectrum, Consolidated Communications and Xfinity. They have various plans to cater to different needs with significant coverage rates.
Viasat is the best satellite internet provider in Conroe with various internet plans ranging from 25 Mbps to 50Mbps for monthly data limit of up to 300GB. The ISP has a 100% availability rate in Conroe.
Some important factors you should consider while choosing your region’s internet service provider are availability, customer service, speed, plan costs, installation fees, offers and internet type.
It depends on your work requirements and the number of devices you wish to connect to the network. As per FCC, a 25Mbps download speed is ideal for a single device for seamless streaming and multitasking simultaneously. Based on it, you can decide how much speed will suit you.
Not every ISP and internet type is available for all regions of Conroe, TX. So, depending on your region’s availability, needs, budget and speed requirements, choose the right one for you. Also, check their contract terms and offers to get the best deal on your money.